Entrepreneur Ran Poliakine discusses the launch of Illumigyn – a new company and device (colposcope) designed to greatly improve cervical cancer screening (pap smear accuracy is only about 60% leaving 40% undetected) and meaningfully reduce cervical cancer misdiagnosis. FDA approval is imminent.
Dr. Alyssa Dweck, MS MD FACOG, an OB-GYN discusses this landmark new study on lactating and breastfeeding rodent mothers that were supplemented with this unique B3 vitamin nicotinamide riboside (NR-NiagenÒ, Chromadex).
Dr. George E. Sadowski, MD, head of research and development for Nourishing Biologicals Skin Institute, is a physician with a thriving surgical practice with Surgical Associates of North Florida in St. Augustine. He has developed an interest in functional medicine and has a specialty in anti-aging elements and transdermal delivery systems. He discusses the role of hormones, hormonal deficit, and wellness as we age.
Dr. Teresa Bartlett, the SVP and Medical Director at Sedgwick, a global third-party claims administrator, discusses the importance of the recovery environment and medical care administered to injured workers, medical literacy as it pertains to management and surgical cases, and the approaches to best manage mental and emotional well-being.
February is Heart Health Month and Dr. Wayne Batchelor, an interventional cardiologist and member of the Association of Black Cardiologists, discusses the risk factors that may be out of the patient’s control, how to talk to the doctor and the latest advancements in treatment options – www.HeartHealthyBeats.com
Darren-Davis Kandler, who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2012, was taking up to 34 pills a day to manage his motor symptoms but the side effects took a toll on his life. Darren has found success with the FDA-approved Vercise™ Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) System, a technology helping some people manage symptoms of Parkinson’s disease when medication alone is no longer effective. He and Dr. Jonathan Jagid, Associate Professor of Clinical Neurological Surgery at the University of Miami, are here to talk about this experience.
Richard Brand, Chief Financial Officer of the Laboratory for Advanced Medicine (LAM), and Dr. Richard Van Etten, Chief Medical Officer for LAM, discuss IvyGene, a highly accurate blood test to noninvasively diagnose liver, breast, colon, and lung cancer in patients as early as stage one. The test gives measurable information about cancer.
Returning guest Dr. Raphael Kellman, the founder of “Microbiome Medicine” and the Kellman Center for Integrative and Functional Medicine, discusses his new book, “The Microbiome Breakthrough: Harness the Power of Your Gut Bacteria to Boost Your Mood and Heal Your Body”, which explains how the brain works and why you need to heal the microbiome, the gut, and the thyroid. It also features a 3-week meal plan, exercise program, and motivation techniques to help relieve stress, anxiety and depression.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, women make up over 60% of the PR industry and jobs within the marketing. The PR industry is ranked among the most stressful jobs in the United States. Wendy Lund, CEO of GCI Health, a national integrated healthcare communications agency, discusses the latest survey findings from the HealthiHer movement, showcasing women aged 30 to 60 who work in the communications and healthcare marketing industry, to find out why self-care often falls to the bottom of the to-do list.
Each year, nearly sixty thousand premature babies in the United States are born with very low birth weight and one out of five of those children have a life threatening opening in the heart. Anthony Daly, whose baby was born prematurely with a heart defect and needed urgent treatment, joins us in this program along with Dr. Evan Zahn who implanted a device smaller than a pea in Baby Tony’s heart to help him survive his condition.